Process Analysis Essay: “How to Catch River Crabs”
How to Catch River Crabs
As a lifelong crabber (that is, one who catches crabs, not a chronic complainer), I can tell you that anyone who has patience and a great love for the river is qualified to join the ranks of crabbers. However, if you want your first crabbing experience to be a successful one, you must come prepared.
First, you need a boat—but not just any boat. I recommend a 15-foot-long fiberglass boat complete with a 25-horsepower motor, extra gas in a steel can, two 13-foot-long wooden oars, two steel anchors, and enough cushions for the entire party. You will also need scoops, crab lines, a sturdy crate, and bait. Each crab line, made from heavy-duty string, is attached to a weight, and the bait—a slimy, smelly, and utterly grotesque chicken neck—is tied around each weight.
Now, once the tide is low, you are ready to begin crabbing. Drop your lines overboard, but not before you have tied them securely to the boat rail. Because crabs are sensitive to sudden movements, the lines must be lifted slowly until the chicken necks are visible just below the surface of the water. If you spy a crab nibbling the bait, snatch him up with a quick sweep of your scoop. The crab will be furious, snapping its claws and bubbling at the mouth. Drop the crab into the wooden crate before it has a chance to get revenge. You should leave the crabs brooding in the crate as you make your way home.
Back in your kitchen, you’ll boil the crabs in a large pot until they turn a healthy shade of orange. Just remember to keep the crab pot covered. Finally, spread newspapers over the kitchen table, deposit the boiled crabs on the newspaper and enjoy the most delicious meal of your life.
Questions for Discussion
- Define each of the following words as they are used in this essay: chronic, grotesque, brooding.
- In the introductory paragraph, has the writer clearly identified the skill to be taught and provided enough background information for readers to know when, where, and why this skill may be practiced?
- Has the writer provided the necessary precautions to take in appropriate places?
- Is the list of needed materials (in paragraph two) clear and complete?
- Have the steps in paragraph three been arranged in the exact order in which they are to be carried out?
- Has the writer explained each step clearly and used appropriate transitional expressions to guide readers smoothly from one step to the next?
- Is the concluding paragraph effective? Explain why or why not. Does the conclusion make it clear how readers will know if they’ve carried out the procedures correctly?
- Offer an overall evaluation of the essay, pointing out what you think are its strengths and weaknesses.
上面提交的是一篇优秀Process Analysis Essay例文，有时候由于一些不可控制的原因导致没有时间去写论文了。不用担心Essayzhidao学术写作服务可以提供帮助。我们的专业作家写手来自各行各业，我们的经验丰富，可为您提供全方位的定制论文服务。我们可以为您提供Essay，学期论文（term paper），还有研究论文(research paper)！ 如果您需要我们的帮助，请在这里与我们联系！